Recipe: Cultivating a playful spirit
- Take a bad dream and ferment it into a bad mood. Allow the mood to colour your outlook (nup, nothing good about today!).
- Walk with eyes downcast and don’t allow the bright sky in. But those sneaky cheerful angels are out to find you. They plant stuff on the concrete. Today, a plastic, impossibly cute purple dolphin. Okay, pick it up and my mood lifts slightly.
- Keep walking. Eyes still down cast.
- Five minutes on… whaaat??? an impossibly happy blue smiley face sticker. I never see this kind of stuff on my good days! Yes, but then I’m not usually looking at the foot path!
- What’s the message in this? Can’t deny I feel a bit happier, a bit more connected to the world and it’s mysterious ways of communicating with us.
- Cook it by making a little affirmation tag to remind me that the universe plays and to lighten up a bit.
- Let it cool and then hang it somewhere eye catching.